Monday, April 22, 2013

Lafayette Originals

Sparkle

A sparkle a shimmer a glow from above,
In the shining snow I find a single glove.
Among the ceiling we look at the past,
You see a play you know the cast.
The rest of it we do not know,
The rest of it is unknown.

by Emma S.


Fifth-grade poet Nishika A. composed a Lafayette original celebrating A Change in Seasons.  Here, she and friend Emily B. perform the poem:


In honor of our upcoming visit from the Mayhem Poets, fifth-grader Tamer L. tried her hand at slam poetry:

Purple = Everyone
Red = Girls
Blue = Boys





We're Sick

Our stomachs are
TURNING
My head is
BURNING
My forehead's on
FIRE
Don't call me a
LIAR
DIZZY
TURNING
I think it's from
LEARNING
I think chairs are
TALKING
We're having trouble
WALKING
HELP
PLEASE
Let us
LEAVE!
Take us
AWAY
Beep!  School's out, TIME TO PLAY.

Being Me

I stare at the oceans and think to myself,
I wish I was the sea because it does everything itself.
I could move mountains and tsunamis too,
I could watch people swim in my ocean blue.
People would love me and my waves,
But only the ones who are brave
I could feel special at the most,
For the fish I'd be the host.
I think again,
Why would I be something or somebody who is not me.

by Olivia C.

No comments:

Post a Comment