Friday, March 25, 2011

Hot off the Griddle: Pancake Day Poems

Pancakes

We wake up every morning and have some pancakes;
If we don't, we won't get stronger.

Cereal is just for plain old people,
And we just want to try something a little different.

Ah HUH! Ah HUH!
You know what it is...
Pancakes, Pancakes, MM'MM Good!

-- Colleen and Heather in Miss Lacey's fourth grade class

Yummy Yummy Pancakes 

 (Together)
Yummy yummy pancakes; we love pancakes!
Yummy yummy pancakes; we want pancakes!

 (Nadia)
Pancakes are so good,
I would eat one right now.
Yes I would, hey!

 (Together)
Yummy yummy pancakes!

(Jane)
I like 'em cooked, 
She likes 'em raw,
Even my dog likes them shaped like a paw.

(Together)
Yummy yummy pancakes; we love pancakes!

(Jane)
Wicka wicka wicka wicka wicka word!
(Together)
Gooooo pancakes!
See ya later, we're out to get some pancakes!

--Jane T. and Nadia W.

P P P P Pancakes!

(Katelyn)
P P P P pancakes, pancakes, pancakes. 
P P P P pancakes, they're so good.
I'd ma-rry one if I could.

(Sanjana)
They are so good I would, I would.
They may not be nutritious,
But they are so delicious.

(Together)
P P P P pancakes, pancakes, pancakes.

(Katelyn)
They come in different colors, too!
Reds, oranges, and sometimes blue!

(Sanjana)
You can have 'em hot, you can have 'em cold,
But pancakes pancakes never get old.

(Together)
P P P P pancakes, pancakes, pancakes.
P P P P pancakes. WORD!

(Sanjana)
Let's go get some pancakes!
(Katelyn)
Sure!

--Katelyn and Sanjana 

(Thank you for the Pancake Artwork, Veronica K!)

No comments:

Post a Comment